About Me

My photo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
A lawyer by day but love the beauty blogging world.

Sunday 6 March 2011

February Purchases

2011 so far...(February)

Although 2011 started off nice and slow, I feel like I've just not stopped since and I know things are going to get busier and crazier. Having said that, I couldn't keep going without treating myself to a few things which makes it all so worthwhile. Latest buys this month are:-

1) Harajuku Lovers BABY perfume

When it comes to perfume.... I have completely run dry. So a few Sundays ago we decided to do lunch (Wagamamas) and then go perfume shopping. I don't understand how you can perfume shop for too long -  my olfactory senses become numb,  everything smells the same and I seem to smell of a nasty concoction of everything in the shop...but this time, I was decisive and totally influenced by colours and the packagaing as well as the smell!  I'd like to think the Japanese style lunch and choice of perfume are related and the reason for me buying Harajuku Lover's Baby Fragrance.


Harajuku is so named after the area surrounding the Harajuku station in Tokyo, where the Japanese youth gather embracing a vivid and diverse non-conformist dress sense  including gothic, comsmopolitan and the burlesque but all with a twist! It is because of this bold fashion revolution that Harajuku is considered one of the top fashion cities in the country and it's definitely one to watch out for globally.The perfume line is endorsed by Gwen Stefani who certainly steps outside of the norm and gives the brand's revenue the publicity it will need to succeed.



So meet Harajuku Baby...I was totally sold by the doll to be honest but the perfume is very subtle - floral but also fruity - I swear I can smell pears half way through the day wearing it! I'm not a fan of sweet perfumes but this one is definitely a winner! It costs £22 at Superdrug stores but I'm sure you can get good bargains online.










2) MUA

New brand alert: I thought I would sample the newest MUA(Make up artist) range which was on offer. Their branding is simple MUA and not daring in any way. They're not trying to blow us way with intricate designs and creative tones - just simple products at very reasonable prices.

I bought 3 nail polishes (shades 10, 11 and 15 - copper, silver and rich pink), a creme eyeshadow, blusher, bronzer, mascara, eye liner and a soft pink lipgloss!  I am QUIETLY impressed with most of their things. Do we automatically judge them  because their starting prices were all at £1. I did but the products are decent (some more so than others).


1) The lipgloss definitely is one of the best I have ever used. It's a lovely subtle colour (light pink) but really pumps your lips and lasts an age!!
2) Eyeshadow - disappointed as the contents had all broken before I had even got home - despite that I still attempted application - but it is very difficult to do when you're working with broken pieces...
3) Blusher (rose pink) - I am impressed. It lasts all day!!!! and doesn't take a lot to have a noticeable effect.
4) Bronzer - works in almost the opposite way - it doesn't blend in very well and you can't do a minimal touch up with it. It's either TANNED LEATHER LOOK or nothing at all!
5) Nail polishes - these are so cute in little 6.7ml bottles. I love the colours and the application is smooth without any problem. They did start to chip after a couple of days but they do the job.
6) Eyeliner - is great - I have used a couple of application and they are all consistently good. Plus it's not a nightmare taking it off of an evening. I'm still holding my breath on this one to see how long before it starts going dry or not doing what I want.
7) Mascara - nothing to write home about but it does the job if you are going for an uber-minimal kind of look!

On the whole, I am highly impressed with their range of colours and the products themselves. I would probably avoid the mascara, bronzer and possibly even eyeshadows...but....I am most definitely going to re-purchase the lip glosses and nail polishes.


3) Fruit, Water & Fresh Air
I don't care what all these brands profess to do to your skin - NOTHING will work better than plenty of vitamins and anit-oxidants and Mother's Nature. I have noticed the difference in days if not weeks. Although I'm lucky to have pretty (non-acne/spotty) skin, you can see instantly results by investing in Mother Nature. My boyfriend took this picture recently which is when I noticed it. I had suffered from dry skin near my forehead and sides of nose and this picture certainly shows how much it has cleared.













Thanks for reading...

Sallysarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment