"As perfume doth remain in the folds where it hath lain,
So the thought of you,
Remaining deeply folded in my brain, Will not leave me,
All things leave me
You remain..."Arthur Symons
I've been asked to do a blog on my favourite perfumes. I really don't profess to know the ins and outs of the perfumist's 'floral' vocabulary but I will attempt to describe it in my own layman like way. You will see that next to each perfume I've given it my own description in italics which may compensate for my limited description(!)
1) L'eau d'Issey by Issey Miyake - 'the best friend'
I have described Issey Miyake as 'the best friend' because this really is a classic and crisp perfume. Although it translates to 'Issey's Water' - this has a perfect balance of citrusy coolness without overstepping into the sickly sweet spectrum. The latter category seem to saturate the perfume market which allows Issey Miyake to stand head and shoulders above its counterparts. The misted glass bottle certainly emphasises its chilled image!
2) Princess, Vera Wang - 'the blonde bling bombshell
Pretty, blonde and bling is all I think when I smell this perfume. Of course, the heart shaped bottle's beautiful engraving and cap (gold ring with amethyst like studs) prompts me towards this fabulous image. Princess has a floral and musk scent which becomes more fruity as the day goes on. As I've already mentioned above, I'm not a fan of sickly sweet perfumes but I make an exception to this one.
3) Rose, Paul Smith - 'the best kept secret'
I have only recently used this and I loved it. Another floral fruity fragance but one with great lasting-effect. I think the bottle is a bit of a let down even if it does comply with the minimalist look. Most 'floral rose' perfumes can be too strong and overpowering but Paul Smith has developed a perfect balance of rose teamed with cool florals which could be my signature scent! It also has one of the best long-lasting rates out of all the perfumes, I have used.
4) Dreams, Anna Sui - 'the girl next door'
This scent has rich, warm and wintry undertones to it as soon as you spray it, with a powerful vanilla scent running through it. The whole range of Anna Sui bottles are funky and modern with the blue glass handbag being my favourite. This is definintely an everday perfume which always starts me off in the right mood.
It's a new month and a new season. This month I want to:-
1) stock up on Benefit High Beam
I initally got this as a gift from a friend but it has become a staple in my make up collection to add a bit of shimmer. It's also spurred me on to more luminscent products that give a real spring/summer glow without looking too glittery. At the moment, I am a major fan of Benefit!
2) purchase Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain Although 'lip stain' never sounds appealing, I am willing to make an exception to this rule based on the hype surrounding it within the blogging world. I love the fact it is a lip balm as well as a tint (see can't bear to use the word stain). I love the unique line name 'Just Bitten' which really gives it that raw vibe feel and/or maybe a cheeky link to the Twilight fans out there! I want all the colours.
3) attack my craft I am going to have a craft day this weekend which includes a visit to Paperchase and 'the Art shop' in the city. Right now, I feel like my creativity has come surging back so watch this space for what I am up to. I want to be inspired and be surrounded by all such things. If you have any ideas for my latest jewellery products, please do let me know.
4) cleanse my soul
I am crying out for a major de-clutter in order to cleanse everything that falls in my way...which ultimately means one thing...make room for more purchases. Before any of that is possible, I need to make room and buy some storage so a trip to Ikea is well overdue!
I am sure I have loads more things to do that don't reflect my shallow existence but hey ho....!