About Me

My photo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
A lawyer by day but love the beauty blogging world.

Sunday 6 February 2011

40 Beauty Questions



I've been tagged to answer the 40 beauty questions so here it is:-


Skincare:

  • How many times do you wash your face daily?
I wash my face with cold water in the morning when I wake up. I then cleanse, tone and moisturise. In the evening, I will wash and remove make up and apply a light moisturiser.


  • What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)
Dry - I'm lucky enough that spots/breakouts are a rarity.

  • What is your current facial wash?
 
I rarely use any products or chemicals on my face. I simply remove make up and then use cold water to wash my face so it's pure as possible.


  • Do you exfoliate?
 
Kind of - I have a face scrub which I use once a week - currently using the soap and glory one.

  • What brand do you use?
Soap & Glory

  • What moisturizer do you use?
At the moment, Rituals Awareness Intensive Moisturiser.

  • Do you have freckles?
Yes quite light ones.  

  • Do you use eye cream?

If I'm very tired, I use the SIMPLE soothing eye balm, which is very light and not too creamy.


  • Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
No - I must have done something right.


  • Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
No. I've never tried it. 

MAKE-UP:


  • What foundation do you use?
Revlon Colorstay in number 008 Golden Beige.


  • How about concealer?
No.


  • Do you know your undertone color?
I think it's a warm olive tone - on a good day!!
 

  •  What do you think of fake eyelashes? -I have never wore them but tempted to invest in some outer eyelashes.

  • Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
I thought the expiry was 6 months but mine go well before the 3 months mark anyway.

  • What brand of mascara do you use?
I have too many and this is an ongoing concern at the moment ( see my post here) but they are YSL and Boots No7 at the moment.

  • Sephora or MAC?
There isn't a sephora near me so I'm MAC - it is the foundation to any girl's beauty collection


  • Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
No.

  • What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
  Foundation - MAC 190 brush. Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush. Flatbed eyeshadow and blender by Linda.

  • Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
No ever since I used Photoready have never needed a base. I tested Urban Decay primer for the eyes but saw no real results.

  • What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?
Benefit trio brown eye palette and gold metallic stars roller shadow by rimmel - love a slight shimmer.
  • Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
Recently bought Bobbi Brown long gel eyeliner which I absolutely love - so gel. but prior to that it was the liquid eyeliner on top but if i used it on the lower lid, i would use the pen/crayon. The YSL pen is one of the best in terms of applying but just wish it was darker.

  • How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Haha many times. Stingggg!


  • What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
I have never used them.


  • Do you use mineral makeup?
Over Colorstay I will use a true match minerals by L'Oreal which is perfect.
 

  • What is your favorite lipstick?
No 7 Nude - amazing. I am still on the look out though.

  • How about lipgloss?
Body Shop Coconut Lip Butter is amazing on its own or applied over lipstick (see here for a post on this).
 

  • What is your favorite blush to use?
NARS Angelika 407 and Benefit Sugarbomb


  • Do you buy your makeup on ebay?
I have bought a couple of things from ebay but prefer getting them in shops.


  • Do you like drugstore makeup?
I tend to shop in places like Boots and John Lewis rather than in pharmacists ;-)

  • Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets)
No but I am going to one next weekened near to me.
 

  • Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
I have subscribed to a night of it with a friend who owns a salon.

  • Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Depends what mood I'm in - I am happy to go out without make up on if my face needs a break.

  • Name a makeup crime that you hate?
Badly applied foundation - not rubbed in properly - not blended on the side of the face, or the neck. Lipstick on teeth. Sloppy fake tan. Chipped nail polish. People who put make up on over make up.

  • Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
Colour and creativity make the world go around


  • Which celebrity always has great make up?
Kim Khardasian - classic.

  • If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item, what would you use?
gel eyeliner, although I'm still in the 'i love you period'
 

  • Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Yes. I do a lot on the weekends. As long as I'm showered and my teeth are brushed I feel good about myself.

  • Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
Beauty is all about the skin but make up gives me a slight boost of confidence.
 

  • In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
Benefit have never let me down. Constantly impressed by them particular Sugarbomb blusher, Benetint and Beneglow.

  • What do you think of Makeup??
I love it - talking about it, looking at it, buying it, applying it, writing about it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment